If you are interested in passing the DVLA test without much hassle, you need to focus on the areas where people fail. When you know the weak areas, you will find it easy to deal with them. After all, you will have to be conscious of the shortcomings that most of the new drivers’ face. This will help you to clear the test in the first attempt.
Here are some of the mistakes that people generally make during the test, and end up in a failure. So, make sure that you do not make these mistakes.
- Observation Of The Signs: When you drive, you need to keep an eye ahead of you to take a note of the signs on the sides of the road. These may be an instruction to slow down, warn you of turnings ahead or give you information about something else. When you drive, you need to take a note of these quite ahead. Failure to read these instructions in time will result in the reduction of marks, and you will end up failing the test. So, keep a close watch on the signs much before they arrive.
- Maintain The Lanes: There are drivers who love to switch lanes frequently. In these cases, they need to remember that they have to keep the safety levels in mind. There may be other vehicles emerging from the other lanes, and if you fail to watch out for them in time, you will face an accident. When you are giving your test, make sure that you maintain the safety levels and do not shift to other lanes if not needed.
- Use Of Mirrors: There are people who get rejected in the test due to the wrong use of mirrors. There are three mirrors, two on the sides and the rear view mirror. You need to use the mirror at the right time. If you fail to use them rightly or use them too late, you will be pulled up, and this is not just done. Avoid speeding when you do not use the mirrors, and try to stick to the instructions when you use them.
- Parking And Reverse Parking: This is a major test of skills for the drivers. During the test, they are asked to park the cars by the beside of the road. You may also be asked to park the car in the parking bays. So, you have to get good skills both in parking and reverse parking. When you brace up for the test, choose the right areas where you will be able to practice parking and reverse parking skilfully.
- Traffic Lights: These are the basic things that you need to master. Observing the traffic lights will allow you to avoid accidents in the long run. When you appear for the test, keep an eye on all the signals. This will allow you to maintain your security as well as to pass the test.
These are a few factors, besides others, which will help you to pass the driving test on the first attempt.